(15 ILCS 515/0.01) (from Ch. 130, par. 19.9)
Sec. 0.01. Short title. This Act may be cited as the Treasurer as Custodian of Funds Act.
(Source: P.A. 86-1324.)
(15 ILCS 515/1) (from Ch. 130, par. 19a)
Sec. 1. The Treasurer of the State of Illinois is authorized to receive from the United States of America or any agency thereof and to hold as ex-officio custodian thereof any money which has been or shall be allotted by the United States of America or any agency thereof, for use by or in conjunction with the State of Illinois or some agency thereof under the provisions of:
1. Titles I, IV, V, X, and XX of the "Social Security Act", enacted by the 74th Congress of the United States, as amended; or
2. "An Act to provide for the protection of forest lands, for the reforestation of denuded areas, for the extension of national forests and for other purposes, in order to promote the continuous production of timber on lands chiefly suitable therefor," enacted by the 68th Congress of the United States; or
3. The Act approved June 16, 1933, authorizing the creation of a Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works; or
4. An Act of Congress dated May 23, 1908, 35 Statutes 260, as the same appears in Section 500, Title 16, United States Code, relating to the receipt and distribution of moneys among counties in which are located national forests; or
4a. An Act of Congress dated September 3, 1954, 68 Statutes 1266, as the same appears in Section 701c-3, Title 33, United States Code, relating to the receipt and distribution of moneys among counties in which are located lands leased by the United States which it had acquired for flood control, navigation and allied purposes; or
4b. Section 110 of the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956 (Public Law 627 of the 84th Congress); or
5. Any other law of the United States of America now or hereafter in force providing for the allotment of money for use by or in conjunction with the State of Illinois or some agency thereof whenever a condition or limitation is imposed by that law or by a rule or regulation of the officer or board having charge of the allotment or transmission of such money which prevents payment thereof into the treasury of the State of Illinois, except as otherwise provided in "An Act in relation to the administration of the assets of the Illinois Rural Rehabilitation Corporation", approved April 24, 1951, as amended; or
6. The following laws of the United States of America now in force: (1) "An Act to apply a portion of the proceeds of the public lands to the more complete endowment and support of the colleges for the benefit of agriculture and the mechanic arts, established under the provisions of an Act of Congress approved July second, eighteen hundred and sixty-two", approved August 30, 1890; (2) "An Act making appropriations for the Department of Agriculture for the fiscal year ending June thirtieth, nineteen hundred and eight", approved March 4, 1907; (3) "An Act to provide for research into basic laws and principles relating to agriculture and to provide for the further development of cooperative agricultural extension work and the more complete endowment and support of land-grant colleges", approved June 29, 1935; and any other law of the United States of America hereafter in force providing for the benefit of or the more complete endowment and support of land-grant colleges and universities.
(Source: P.A. 83-333.)
(15 ILCS 515/2) (from Ch. 130, par. 19b)
Sec. 2. The State Treasurer shall deposit such money in banks or savings and loan associations which have been approved as State depositaries under the provisions of "An Act in relation to state moneys," approved June 28, 1919, as amended, and with respect to such money shall be entitled to the same rights and privileges as is provided by said Act with respect to money in the treasury of the State of Illinois.
Any funds received pursuant to Section 110 of the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956 (Public Law 627 of the 84th Congress) shall be deposited in a Special Revolving Trust Fund.
(Source: P.A. 83-541.)
(15 ILCS 515/3) (from Ch. 130, par. 19c)
Sec. 3. Disbursements. The State Treasurer shall disburse the money so held by him or her upon order of the officer, board or department of this State authorized by act of the Congress of the United States of America or by any rule, regulation, order, judgment or proclamation issued pursuant thereto to direct the expenditure thereof. The moneys held by the State Treasurer pursuant to the Act of Congress cited in paragraph number 4 of Section 1 of this Act, however, shall be allocated and accredited to each county within or partly within a national forest in this State in the proportion that the acreage of each such county included within the national forest bears to the total acreage in all counties included within such national forest as determined by the Department of Natural Resources and certified by issuance of 2 vouchers each equal to 1/2 the amount allocated and accredited to each county. One voucher shall be issued to the county treasurer thereof and such amount shall be appropriated and used only for the construction, reconstruction, improvement, maintenance or repair of public highways within such county as the county board shall direct; the other voucher shall be issued to the county superintendent of schools of such county and by him or her allocated and paid over to the treasurers of the school districts or parts of districts maintaining grades 1 to 8, each inclusive, in such county in the proportion that the area of such land within the boundaries of each school district or portion of such district bears to the total area of such land within the county.
(Source: P.A. 89-445, eff. 2-7-96.)
(15 ILCS 515/4) (from Ch. 130, par. 19c1)
Sec. 4. The University of Illinois is designated as the institution to receive disbursements of money received by the State Treasurer pursuant to paragraph number 6 of Section 1 of this Act. The State Treasurer shall disburse money held by him under that paragraph and section, on warrants drawn by the State Comptroller which shall be drawn by that officer upon receipt of vouchers presented by the Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois, certified by its President and Secretary, with the corporate seal of the University attached thereto.
(Source: P.A. 78-592.)
(15 ILCS 515/5) (from Ch. 130, par. 19c2)
Sec. 5. The moneys held by the State Treasurer pursuant to the Act of Congress cited in paragraph number 4a of Section 1 of this Act shall be allocated and accredited to each county in which lands acquired by the United States for flood control, navigation and allied purposes have been leased by the United States in the proportion that the revenue received by the United States as rental in each county bears to the total revenue received by the United States as rental in all the counties in Illinois as the same is determined by the Secretary of the Treasury and certified by him to the State Treasurer, except that when such leased lands are situated in more than one county the distributive share to the counties in which such lands are located shall be proportional to the area of such leased lands in the counties affected. The amount so accredited to each county shall be paid by the State Treasurer to the county treasurer thereof and such amount shall be appropriated and used as the county board may direct.
(Source: Laws 1955, p. 1867.)