2022 Idaho Code
Title 72 - WORKER'S COMPENSATION AND RELATED LAWS -- INDUSTRIAL COMMISSION
Chapter 16 - STATE DIRECTORY OF NEW HIRES
Section 72-1603 - DEFINITIONS.
72-1603. DEFINITIONS. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Date of hire" or "date of rehire" means the actual commencement of employment of an employee for wages or other remuneration.
(2) "Department" means the Idaho department of labor.
(3) "Director" means the director of the Idaho department of labor.
(4) "Employee" means an individual who is an employee within the meaning of 26 U.S.C. 3401. "Employee" does not include an employee of a federal or state agency performing intelligence or counterintelligence functions, if the head of such agency has determined that reporting information with respect to the employee pursuant to this chapter could endanger the safety of the employee or compromise an ongoing investigation or intelligence mission.
(5) "Employer" has the meaning given such term in 26 U.S.C. 3401(d) and includes labor organizations and governmental entities, except for any department, agency or instrumentality of the United States. The term "employer" does not include a multistate employer who has notified the United States secretary of health and human services in writing that it will transmit new hire reports magnetically or electronically to a state other than Idaho.
(6) "Labor organization" shall have the meaning given such term in 29 U.S.C. 152(5), and includes any entity, also known as a "hiring hall," which is used by the organization and an employer to carry out requirements described in 29 U.S.C. 158(f)(3) or an agreement between the organization and the employer.
(7) "Rehire" means to reemploy an individual who was laid off, separated, furloughed, granted leave without pay or terminated from employment at least sixty (60) consecutive days prior to reemployment.
[72-1603, added 1997, ch. 340, sec. 1, p. 1017; am. 2013, ch. 103, sec. 3, p. 246.]