2020 Idaho Code
Title 6 - ACTIONS IN PARTICULAR CASES
Chapter 30 - IDAHO AGRITOURISM PROMOTION ACT
Section 6-3003 - DEFINITIONS.
6-3003. DEFINITIONS. As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Agritourism activity" means any activity carried out on a farm or ranch that allows members of the general public, for recreational, entertainment or educational purposes, to view or enjoy rural activities including, but not limited to, farming, ranching, historic, cultural, on-site educational programs, recreational farming programs that may include on-site hospitality services, guided and self-guided tours, bed and breakfast accommodations, petting zoos, farm festivals, corn mazes, harvest-your-own operations, hayrides, barn parties, horseback riding, fee fishing and camping. An activity is an agritourism activity whether or not the participant paid to participate in the activity.
(2) "Agritourism professional" means any person who is engaged in the business of providing one (1) or more agritourism activities, whether or not for compensation.
(3) "Inherent risks of agritourism activity" means those dangers or conditions that are an integral part of an agritourism activity including certain hazards, including surface and subsurface conditions, natural conditions of land, vegetation, waters, the behavior of wild or domestic animals and ordinary dangers of structures or equipment ordinarily used in farming and ranching operations. Inherent risks of agritourism activity also include the potential of a participant to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to injury to the participant or others, including failing to follow instructions given by the agritourism professional or failing to exercise reasonable caution while engaging in the agritourism activity.
(4) "Participant" means any person, other than the agritourism professional, who engages in an agritourism activity.
(5) "Person" means an individual, fiduciary, firm, association, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, unit of government or any other group acting as a unit.
[6-3003, added 2013, ch. 177, sec. 1, p. 412.]