2020 Idaho Code
Title 54 - PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
Chapter 37 - OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY PRACTICE ACT
Section 54-3717 - OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY LICENSURE BOARD OF IDAHO — POWERS AND DUTIES.
54-3717. OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY LICENSURE BOARD OF IDAHO — POWERS AND DUTIES. (1) The licensure board shall administer, coordinate, and enforce the provisions of this chapter, evaluate the qualifications, and approve the examinations for licensure under this chapter, and may issue subpoenas, examine witnesses, and administer oaths, and may investigate practices that are alleged to violate the provisions of this chapter.
(2) The licensure board shall adopt rules and regulations, pursuant to chapter 52, title 67, Idaho Code, relating to professional conduct to carry out the policy of this chapter including, but not limited to, regulations relating to professional licensure and to the establishment of ethical standards of practice, disciplinary proceedings, license suspension proceedings, or license revocation proceedings for persons holding a license to practice occupational therapy in this state.
(3) The licensure board shall hold meetings, conduct hearings and keep records and minutes as are necessary to carry out its functions.
(4) Authorize, by written agreement, the bureau of occupational licenses to act as its agent in its interests as set out in the written agreement.
(5) Communicate disciplinary actions to relevant state and federal authorities, the national board for certification in occupational therapy (NBCOT), the American occupational therapy association (AOTA) and to other state occupational licensing authorities.
(6) Adopt rules requiring continuing education for the renewal of a license.
[(54-3717) 54-3714, added 1987, ch. 69, sec. 1, p. 128; am. and redesig. 2009, ch. 222, sec. 17, p. 700; am. 2019, ch. 40, sec. 5, p. 108.]