2020 Idaho Code
Title 31 - COUNTIES AND COUNTY LAW
Chapter 44 - SOLID WASTE DISPOSAL SITES
Section 31-4404 - FUNDING OF OPERATIONS.
31-4404. FUNDING OF OPERATIONS. For the purpose of providing funds to acquire sites, facilities, operate and/or maintain solid waste disposal systems, a board of county commissioners may in addition to the authority granted in sections 31-4402 and 31-4403, Idaho Code:
(1) Levy a tax of not to exceed four hundredths percent (.04%) of the market value for assessment purposes on all taxable property within the county, provided that property located within the corporate limits of any city that is operating and maintaining a solid waste disposal site shall not be levied against for the purposes of the county solid waste disposal system; or,
(2) Collect fees from the users of the solid waste disposal facilities; or,
(3) Finance the solid waste disposal facilities from current revenues; or,
(4) Receive and expend moneys from any other source;
(5) Establish solid waste collection systems where necessary or desirable and provide a method for collection of service fees, among which shall be certification of a special assessment on the property served;
(6) Use any combination of subsections (1), (2), (3), (4), and (5) of this section.
[31-4404, added 1970, ch. 104, sec. 4, p. 259; am. 1971, ch. 61, sec. 4, p. 137; am. 1995, ch. 82, sec. 10, p. 224.]