2020 Idaho Code
Title 16 - JUVENILE PROCEEDINGS
Chapter 1 - EARLY INTERVENTION SERVICES
Section 16-102 - POLICY.
16-102. POLICY. The legislature intends that the policy of the state of Idaho shall be:
(1) To reaffirm the importance of the family in all areas of the child’s development and to reinforce the role of the family in the decision making processes regarding their child;
(2) To provide assistance and support to the family of an infant or toddler with a disability that addresses the individual needs of the family;
(3) To develop and implement with available resources a statewide screening and tracking system for infants and toddlers at risk;
(4) To develop and implement a statewide, comprehensive, coordinated, multidisciplinary, interagency system of early intervention services for all infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families;
(5) To enhance the capacity to provide quality early intervention services and expand and improve existing early intervention services being provided to infants and toddlers with disabilities;
(6) To facilitate the coordination of payment for early intervention services from federal, state, local, and private sources including public and private insurance coverage; and
(7) To guarantee financial assistance for the purposes of coordinating early intervention services in communities and to enhance their capacity to provide individualized services to infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families.
[16-102, added 1991, ch. 253, sec. 1, p. 621.]