2019 Idaho Code
Title 9 - EVIDENCE
Chapter 1 - JUDICIAL KNOWLEDGE
Section 9-101 - FACTS JUDICIALLY NOTICED.
9-101. FACTS JUDICIALLY NOTICED. Courts take judicial notice of the following facts:
1. The true signification of all English words and phrases, and of legal expressions.
2. Whatever is established by law.
3. Public and private official acts of the legislative, executive and judicial departments of this state and of the United States.
4. The seals of all the courts of this state and of the United States.
5. The accession to office and the official signatures and seals of office of the principal officers of government in the legislative, executive and judicial departments of this state and of the United States.
6. The existence, title, national flag, and seal of every state or sovereign recognized by the executive power of the United States.
7. The seals of courts of admiralty and maritime jurisdiction, and of notaries public.
8. The laws of nature, the measure of time, and the geographical divisions and political history of the world. In all these cases the court may resort for its aid to appropriate books or documents of reference.
[(9-101) C.C.P. 1881, sec. 896; R.S., R.C., & C.L., sec. 5950; C.S., sec. 7933; I.C.A., sec. 16-101.]