2019 Idaho Code
Title 6 - ACTIONS IN PARTICULAR CASES
Chapter 11 - RESPONSIBILITIES AND LIABILITIES OF SKIERS AND SKI AREA OPERATORS
Section 6-1102 - DEFINITIONS.
6-1102. DEFINITIONS. The following words and phrases when used in this chapter shall have, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the meanings given to them in this section.
(1) "Aerial passenger tramway" means any device operated by a ski area operator used to transport passengers, by single or double reversible tramway; chair lift or gondola lift; T-bar lift, J-bar lift, platter lift or similar device; a fiber rope or wire rope tow or a conveyor, which is subject to regulations adopted by the proper authority.
(2) "Passenger" means any person who is lawfully using an aerial passenger tramway, or is waiting to embark or has recently disembarked from an aerial passenger tramway and is in its immediate vicinity.
(3) "Ski area" means the property owned or leased and under the control of the ski area operator within the state of Idaho.
(4) "Ski area operator" means any person, partnership, corporation or other commercial entity and their agents, officers, employees or representatives, who has operational responsibility for any ski area or aerial passenger tramway.
(5) "Skiing area" means all designated slopes and trails but excludes any aerial passenger tramway.
(6) "Skier" means any person present at a skiing area under the control of a ski area operator for the purpose of engaging in activities including, but not limited to, sliding downhill or jumping on snow or ice on skis, a snowboard, or any other sliding device, or who is using any ski area including, but not limited to, ski slopes, trails and freestyle terrain but does not include the use of an aerial passenger tramway.
(7) "Ski slopes and trails" mean those areas designated by the ski area operator to be used by skiers for the purpose of participating in the sport of skiing.
(8) "Freestyle terrain" means terrain parks and terrain features including, but not limited to, jumps, hits, ramps, banks, fun boxes, jibs, rails, half-pipes, quarter pipes and any other natural or constructed features.
[6-1102, added 1979, ch. 270, sec. 1, p. 701; am. 2014, ch. 187, sec. 1, p. 497.]