2019 Idaho Code
Title 54 - PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
Chapter 37 - OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY PRACTICE ACT
Section 54-3704 - EXEMPTIONS.
54-3704. EXEMPTIONS. Nothing in this chapter shall be construed as preventing or restricting the practice, services or activities or requiring licensure pursuant to this chapter of:
(1) Any person licensed or regulated by the state of Idaho from engaging in the profession or practice for which they are licensed or regulated, including, but not limited to, any athletic trainer, chiropractor, dentist, nurse, physician, podiatrist, physical therapist, optometrist, osteopath, surgeon or any other licensed or regulated practitioner of the healing arts, nor restrict employees working under the direct supervision of those persons referred to in this subsection, as long as such person does not hold himself or herself out as an occupational therapist, occupational therapy assistant or a person engaged in the practice of occupational therapy; or
(2) Any person employed as an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant by the government of the United States or any agency thereof, if such person provides occupational therapy solely under the direction or control of the organization by which such person is employed; or
(3) Any person pursuing a supervised course of study leading to a degree or certificate in occupational therapy in an accredited or approved educational program, if the person is designated by a title which clearly indicates a student or trainee status; or
(4) Any person fulfilling the supervised fieldwork experience requirements of section 54-3706, Idaho Code, if the experience constitutes a part of the experience necessary to meet the requirement of that section; or
(5) Any person who, for purposes of continuing education, consulting, and/or training, is performing occupational therapy services in this state for no more than sixty (60) days in a calendar year in association with an occupational therapist licensed under this chapter, if the person is a licensed occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant in good standing in another state.
[54-3704, added 1987, ch. 69, sec. 1, p. 124; am. 2009, ch. 222, sec. 4, p. 694; am. 2018, ch. 51, sec. 2, p. 134.]