2019 Idaho Code
Title 40 - HIGHWAYS AND BRIDGES
Chapter 24 - LOCAL HIGHWAY TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE COUNCIL
Section 40-2403 - AUTHORITY OF THE COUNCIL.
40-2403. AUTHORITY OF THE COUNCIL. The council shall have the authority to:
(1) Represent its member jurisdictions in conferences, meetings and hearings related to highways, roads and streets and other transportation factors affecting local highway jurisdictions;
(2) Develop uniform standards and procedures that may be recommended to its member jurisdictions for the construction, maintenance, use, operation and administration of local highways;
(3) Cooperate with and receive and expend aid and donations from the federal or state governments, and from other sources for the administration and operation of the council;
(4) Make recommendations to the Idaho transportation board for the distribution and prioritization of federal funds for local highway projects;
(5) Assist the legislature by providing research and data relating to transportation matters affecting local highway jurisdictions within the state;
(6) Maintain and disseminate information to local highway jurisdictions of federal and state legislation and administrative rules and regulations affecting local highway jurisdictions;
(7) Maintain and disseminate information to local highway jurisdictions of activities relating to ground transportation in other states;
(8) When authorized by the participating local jurisdiction, to act for that local jurisdiction through a joint exercise of powers agreement with any other local jurisdiction, and any agency of the state of Idaho, or any agency of the federal government;
(9) Buy, sell, receive and exchange property, both real and personal, as necessary to perform its functions;
(10) Be the sole and exclusive authority for the expenditure of the moneys made available by appropriation or otherwise to the council.
[40-2403, added 1994, ch. 280, sec. 5, p. 871.]