2018 Idaho Statutes
Title 73 - GENERAL CODE PROVISIONS
Chapter 4 - FREE EXERCISE OF RELIGION PROTECTED
Section 73-401 - DEFINITIONS.
73-401. DEFINITIONS. As used in this chapter unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Demonstrates" means meets the burdens of going forward with evidence, and persuasion under the standard of clear and convincing evidence.
(2) "Exercise of religion" means the ability to act or refusal to act in a manner substantially motivated by a religious belief, whether or not the exercise is compulsory or central to a larger system of religious belief.
(3) "Government" includes this state and any agency or political subdivision of this state.
(4) "Political subdivision" includes any county, city, school district, taxing district, municipal corporation, or agency of a county, city, school district, or municipal corporation.
(5) "Substantially burden" means to inhibit or curtail religiously motivated practices.
[73-401, added 2000, ch. 133, sec. 2, p. 352.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.