2018 Idaho Statutes
Title 57 - PUBLIC FUNDS IN GENERAL
Chapter 7 - INVESTMENT OF PERMANENT ENDOWMENT AND EARNINGS RESERVE FUNDS
Section 57-720 - INVESTMENT AUTHORITY — INVESTMENT POLICIES — ANNUAL AUDIT.
57-720. INVESTMENT AUTHORITY — INVESTMENT POLICIES — ANNUAL AUDIT. (1) The investment board or its investment manager(s) may, and are hereby authorized to, invest the permanent endowment funds and the earnings reserve funds of the state of Idaho and other moneys as required by law. The investment board may, with the approval of the state board of land commissioners, invest other funds that are exempt from section 67-1210, Idaho Code, provided however, that the costs of investment of such funds may be deducted by the investment board from investment proceeds.
(2) The funds invested by the investment board may be combined or pooled for investment.
(3) Earnings reserve funds shall be accounted for separately from permanent endowment funds.
(4) Prior to the annual calculation of gains and losses pursuant to section 57-724, Idaho Code, the investment board shall allocate the end of fiscal year market value between the permanent endowment funds and the earnings reserve funds. This allocation shall be made based upon the proportion that the market value of the permanent endowment funds and the market value of the earnings reserve funds bear to the combined market value of both sets of funds, at the end of the fiscal year.
(5) The investment board shall formulate investment policies governing the investment of permanent endowment funds and earnings reserve funds and the investment of other funds accepted for investment by the investment board pursuant to subsection (1) of this section. The policies shall pertain to the types, kinds or nature of investment of any of the funds, and any limitations, conditions or restrictions upon the methods, practices or procedures for investment, reinvestments, purchases, sales or exchange transactions, provided such policies shall not conflict with nor be in derogation of any Idaho constitutional provision or of the provisions of this chapter.
(6) Annually, the investment board shall cause an audit to be conducted of the investment of permanent endowment funds and earnings reserve funds, such audit to be conducted by a recognized certified public accountant. The certified public accountant conducting the audit shall not be an employee of the state. The expense of such audit shall be paid from earnings reserve funds.
(7) The state treasurer shall invest the income funds of the respective endowment funds and distribute the moneys in the income funds according to legislative appropriation.
[57-720, added 1969, ch. 244, sec. 7, p. 764; am. 1972, ch. 69, sec. 3, p. 140; am. 1975, ch. 197, sec. 1, p. 549; am. 1998, ch. 256, sec. 36, p. 839; am. 2001, ch. 254, sec. 1, p. 919; am. 2004, ch. 96, sec. 1, p. 341; am. 2004, ch. 132, sec. 1, p. 451; am. 2007, ch. 263, sec. 2, p. 780.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.