2018 Idaho Statutes
Title 54 - PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
Chapter 19 - PUBLIC WORKS CONTRACTORS
Section 54-1915 - PROCEDURE FOR IMPOSITION OF DISCIPLINE.
54-1915. PROCEDURE FOR IMPOSITION OF DISCIPLINE. (1) Upon the filing of a verified complaint with the administrator charging a licensee or public entity with the commission of any act constituting a cause for disciplinary action within two (2) years prior to the date of filing, or upon such a finding made by the administrator following an investigation, the administrator shall forthwith issue a notice, accompanied by a copy of the complaint, directing the licensee or public entity, within ten (10) days after service of the notice, to appear by filing with the administrator a verified answer to the complaint.
(2) The administrator shall have the power to appoint, by an order in writing, a hearing officer to take testimony, who shall have power to administer oaths, issue subpoenas and compel the attendance of witnesses.
(3) Service of the notice and complaint upon the licensee or public entity shall be fully effected by mailing a true copy of the notice and complaint by certified mail addressed to the licensee at his last address of record with the administrator or to the public entity at its principal place of business. Service of the notice and complaint shall be complete at the time of deposit in accordance with the provisions of the Idaho rules of civil procedure relating to service by mail.
(4) The hearing shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of chapter 52, title 67, Idaho Code, and the Idaho rules of administrative procedure.
(5) Following the hearing, the hearing officer shall issue recommended findings of fact, conclusions of law, and order. The recommended order may:
(a) Provide for the immediate complete suspension by the licensee of all operations as a contractor during the period fixed by the decision.
(b) Permit the licensee to complete any or all contracts shown by competent evidence taken at the hearing to be then uncompleted.
(c) Impose upon the licensee compliance with such specific conditions as may be just in connection with his operations as a contractor disclosed at the hearing and may further provide that until such conditions are complied with no application for restoration of the suspended or revoked license shall be accepted by the administrator.
(d) Provide for the imposition of any of the sanctions provided by section 54-1914, Idaho Code.
(6) Following a review of the entire hearing record, the administrator shall issue a final decision.
[54-1915, added 1941, ch. 115, sec. 15, p. 212; am. 1993, ch. 216, sec. 72, p. 651; am. 1999, ch. 201, sec. 18, p. 542; am. 2001, ch. 300, sec. 13, p. 1095; am. 2005, ch. 213, sec. 29, p. 663.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.