2018 Idaho Statutes
Title 54 - PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
Chapter 10 - ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS AND JOURNEYMEN
Section 54-1006 - IDAHO ELECTRICAL BOARD.
54-1006. IDAHO ELECTRICAL BOARD. (1) The Idaho electrical board, hereinafter known as the board, is hereby created and made a part of the division of building safety. It shall be the responsibility and duty of the administrator of the division of building safety to administer and enforce the provisions of this act, and to serve as secretary to the Idaho electrical board.
(2) The board shall consist of nine (9) members to be appointed by the governor and who shall serve at the pleasure of the governor. Two (2) members shall be licensed journeymen or master electricians; two (2) members shall be employees or officers of licensed electrical contractors; one (1) member shall be a licensed limited electrical installer or limited electrical contractor; one (1) member shall be an employee or officer of an electrical power provider; one (1) member shall be an employee or officer of a manufacturing plant or other large power user; one (1) member shall be an employee or director of a manufacturer or distributor of electrical supplies or materials; and one (1) member shall be from the public at large not directly associated with the electrical industry. Board members shall be appointed for a term of four (4) years. Members of the board shall hold office until expiration of the term to which the member was appointed and until his successor has been duly appointed and qualified. Whenever a vacancy occurs, the governor shall appoint a qualified person to fill the vacancy for the unexpired portion of the term.
(3) All members of the board shall be citizens of the United States, residents of this state for not less than two (2) years and shall be qualified by experience, knowledge and integrity in formulating rules for examinations, in passing on the fitness and qualifications of applicants for electrical contractor and journeyman electrician licenses and in establishing standards for electrical products to be used in electrical installations coming under the provisions of this act.
(4) The members of the board shall, every two (2) years, elect by majority vote of the members of the board a chairman who shall preside at meetings of the board and a vice chairman who shall preside at any board meeting in the event the chairman is not present. A majority of the members of the board shall constitute a quorum.
(5) The board is authorized and directed to prescribe and amend rules consistent with this act for the administration of this chapter, and to effectuate the purpose thereof, and for the examination and licensing of electrical contractors, journeyman electricians, master electricians, limited electrical installers, limited electrical contractors, limited electrical installer trainees and apprentice electricians. The board shall also establish the categories for limited electrical installers and limited electrical contractor licensing and the fees to be charged for permits and inspections of electrical systems. The board shall establish by administrative rule the fines to be paid for citations issued and shall hear appeals regarding the imposition of civil penalties for violations of this chapter and the rules of the Idaho electrical board. The board is authorized to affirm, reject, decrease or increase the penalty imposed by the administrator. However, in no case shall the penalty exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000) for each offense.
(6) Each member of the board not otherwise compensated by public moneys shall be compensated as provided by section 59-509(n), Idaho Code.
[54-1006, added 1961, ch. 311, sec. 9, p. 583; am. 1974, ch. 39, sec. 83, p. 1023; am. 1980, ch. 247, sec. 57, p. 622; am. 1984, ch. 123, sec. 33, p. 295; am. 1986, ch. 305, sec. 1, p. 756; am. 1989, ch. 119, sec. 1, p. 265; am. 1996, ch. 421, sec. 44, p. 1432; am. 1999, ch. 169, sec. 1, p. 458; am. 1999, ch. 282, sec. 1, p. 704; am. 1999, ch. 367, sec. 5, p. 971; am. 2000, ch. 39, sec. 2, p. 78; am. 2000, ch. 120, sec. 1, p. 260; am. 2000, ch. 242, sec. 2, p. 677; am. 2001, ch. 151, sec. 3, p. 548; am. 2002, ch. 98, sec. 1, p. 268; am. 2011, ch. 23, sec. 1, p. 64; am. 2012, ch. 29, sec. 1, p. 86; am. 2016, ch. 340, sec. 12, p. 938; am. 2018, ch. 209, sec. 6, p. 471.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.