2018 Idaho Statutes
Title 45 - LIENS, MORTGAGES AND PLEDGES
Chapter 6 - CLAIMS FOR WAGES
Section 45-616 - ENFORCEMENT.
45-616. ENFORCEMENT. (1) The director shall enforce and administer the provisions of this chapter. The director is empowered to hold hearings and otherwise investigate violations or alleged violations of this chapter and any rules promulgated pursuant thereto, and to issue orders for administrative remedies as authorized.
(2) The director is empowered to enter and inspect places, question employees, and investigate facts, conditions, or matters as the director may deem appropriate to determine whether any person has violated any provision of this chapter or any rule promulgated thereunder or which may aid in the enforcement of the provisions of this chapter.
(3) The director shall have the power to administer oaths and examine witnesses under oath or otherwise, and issue subpoenas to compel the attendance of witnesses and the production of any evidence deemed necessary in the administration of this chapter.
(4) If any person fails to comply with any subpoena lawfully issued, it shall be the duty of the district court, on application by the director, to compel compliance by citation for contempt.
(5) An employer shall furnish to the department the information the department is authorized to acquire under this section when the request is submitted in writing.
(6) The department shall attempt for a period of not less than two (2) years from the date of collection, to make payment of wages collected under this chapter to the person entitled thereto. Wage claims collected by the department that remain unclaimed for a period of more than two (2) years from the date collected shall on June 30th of each year be forfeited and retained in the department’s account and used for the administration of this chapter.
[(45-616) I.C., sec. 45-613, as added by 1967, ch. 436, sec. 5, p. 1469; am. 1974, ch. 39, sec. 74, p. 1023; am. and redesignated 45-616, 1989, ch. 280, sec. 17, p. 683; am. 1999, ch. 51, sec. 18, p. 122.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.