2018 Idaho Statutes
Title 45 - LIENS, MORTGAGES AND PLEDGES
Chapter 6 - CLAIMS FOR WAGES
Section 45-601 - DEFINITIONS.
45-601. DEFINITIONS. Whenever used in this chapter:
(1) "Claimant" means an employee who filed a wage claim with the department in accordance with this chapter and as the director may prescribe.
(2) "Department" means the department of labor.
(3) "Director" means the director of the department of labor.
(4) "Employee" means any person suffered or permitted to work by an employer.
(5) "Employer" means any individual, partnership, association, joint stock company, trust, corporation, the administrator or executor of the estate of a deceased individual, or the receiver, trustee, or successor of any of the same, employing any person.
(6) "Wage claim" means an employee’s claim against an employer for compensation for the employee’s own personal services, and includes any wages, penalties, or damages provided by law to employees with a claim for unpaid wages.
(7) "Wages" means compensation for labor or services rendered by an employee, whether the amount is determined on a time, task, piece or commission basis.
[(45-601) I.C., sec. 45-609, as added by 1967, ch. 436, sec. 1, p. 1469; am. 1974, ch. 39, sec. 72, p. 1023; am. and redesignated 45-601, 1989, ch. 280, sec. 1, p. 678; am. 1996, ch. 421, sec. 34, p. 1429; am. 1999, ch. 51, sec. 2, p. 116.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.