2018 Idaho Statutes
Title 40 - HIGHWAYS AND BRIDGES
Chapter 24 - LOCAL HIGHWAY TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE COUNCIL
Section 40-2403 - AUTHORITY OF THE COUNCIL.
40-2403. AUTHORITY OF THE COUNCIL. The council shall have the authority to:
(1) Represent its member jurisdictions in conferences, meetings and hearings related to highways, roads and streets and other transportation factors affecting local highway jurisdictions;
(2) Develop uniform standards and procedures that may be recommended to its member jurisdictions for the construction, maintenance, use, operation and administration of local highways;
(3) Cooperate with and receive and expend aid and donations from the federal or state governments, and from other sources for the administration and operation of the council;
(4) Make recommendations to the Idaho transportation board for the distribution and prioritization of federal funds for local highway projects;
(5) Assist the legislature by providing research and data relating to transportation matters affecting local highway jurisdictions within the state;
(6) Maintain and disseminate information to local highway jurisdictions of federal and state legislation and administrative rules and regulations affecting local highway jurisdictions;
(7) Maintain and disseminate information to local highway jurisdictions of activities relating to ground transportation in other states;
(8) When authorized by the participating local jurisdiction, to act for that local jurisdiction through a joint exercise of powers agreement with any other local jurisdiction, and any agency of the state of Idaho, or any agency of the federal government;
(9) Buy, sell, receive and exchange property, both real and personal, as necessary to perform its functions;
(10) Be the sole and exclusive authority for the expenditure of the moneys made available by appropriation or otherwise to the council.
[40-2403, added 1994, ch. 280, sec. 5, p. 871.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.