2018 Idaho Statutes
Title 40 - HIGHWAYS AND BRIDGES
Chapter 23 - MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
Section 40-2305 - PERSONAL DELIVERY DEVICES.
40-2305. PERSONAL DELIVERY DEVICES. (1) Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, a personal delivery device as defined in section 49-117, Idaho Code, is authorized to operate on sidewalks and crosswalks; provided, however, that this section does not restrict a county, municipality or highway district from otherwise adopting regulations for the safe operation of personal delivery devices.
(2) All personal delivery devices shall obey all traffic and pedestrian control devices and signs.
(3) A personal delivery device operating on sidewalks and crosswalks has all the rights and duties applicable to a pedestrian under the same circumstances, except that the personal delivery device shall not unreasonably interfere with pedestrians or traffic, and shall yield the right-of-way to pedestrians on sidewalks and crosswalks.
(4) All personal delivery devices shall include a plate or marker that identifies the name and contact information of the operator of the personal delivery device and a unique identifying device number.
(5) All personal delivery devices shall be equipped with a braking system that, when active or engaged, will enable the personal delivery device to come to a controlled stop.
(6) No personal delivery device shall transport hazardous materials or hazardous wastes regulated pursuant to chapter 22, title 49, Idaho Code.
(7) No personal delivery device shall be operated on a public highway in the state, except to the extent necessary to cross a crosswalk.
(8) No personal delivery device shall operate on a sidewalk or crosswalk unless the personal delivery device operator is actively controlling or monitoring the navigation and operation of the personal delivery device.
[40-2305, added 2017, ch. 147, sec. 4, p. 364.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.