2018 Idaho Statutes
Title 40 - HIGHWAYS AND BRIDGES
Chapter 1 - DEFINITIONS
Section 40-105 - DEFINITIONS — D.
40-105. DEFINITIONS — D. (1) "Department" means the Idaho transportation department.
(2) "Design-build contract" means a single contract between the department and a design-build firm to furnish the architectural or engineering and related design services, labor, material, supplies, equipment, and construction services for the highway project.
(3) "Design-build firm" means a sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability partnership, joint venture, corporation, any type of limited liability company, professional corporation or legal entity qualified to design and build highway projects.
(4) "Design-build project" means a project for which both the design and construction of the project are procured by the department in a single contract with a design-build firm capable of providing the necessary design services and construction.
(5) "Designer" means a duly licensed individual or business entity who performs the engineering design and related design work for a design-build firm.
(6) "Designer qualifications" means the criteria used to evaluate the design-build firm’s designer(s).
(7) "Director" means the director of the Idaho transportation department.
(8) "Displaced person" means any individual, family, business or farm operation which moves from real property or moves personal property from real property acquired for a program or project of a state or local agency, in whole or in part, or as the result of a written order of an acquiring agency to vacate real property for a program or project of a state or local agency, and, solely for the purposes of section 40-2004, Idaho Code, as a result of a written order of an acquiring agency to vacate other real property, on which a person conducts a business or farm operation, for a program or project of any state or local agency.
(9) "Draw" means making a cash demand on the proceeds of transportation bonds or notes issued by the Idaho housing and finance association as it pertains to section 40-718, Idaho Code.
(10) "Dump" means any place or area, not operated as a business, where junk is deposited, stored or kept.
[40-105, added 1985, ch. 253, sec. 2, p. 588; am. 2005, ch. 378, sec. 1, p. 1217; am. 2010, ch. 293, sec. 4, p. 779.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.