2018 Idaho Statutes
Title 36 - FISH AND GAME
Chapter 7 - CAPTIVE WILDLIFE
Section 36-703 - COMMERCIAL WILDLIFE FARMS — RESTRICTIONS — LICENSE.
36-703. COMMERCIAL WILDLIFE FARMS — RESTRICTIONS — LICENSE. No person shall obtain, possess, preserve, or propagate any species of big game animals found wild in this state for the purpose of selling the same unless he has first secured a commercial wildlife farm license from the director.
(a) License Provisions. Such license may be issued by the director upon his finding that:
1. Such commercial wildlife farm is located entirely on private property owned or leased by the applicant.
2. Said farm is constructed so as not to contain any land where wild big game animals naturally abound.
3. Said farm is so enclosed as to prevent escape of big game commercial farm animals therefrom and prevent entry thereon of the same species of publicly owned big game animals.
4. The application for such license is made upon a form provided by the department which sets forth such information as may be required by the director.
5. The property boundaries are posted as being a commercial wildlife farm in at least three (3) separate, conspicuous places in addition to all entrance roadways.
6. The approved application is accompanied by a license fee as specified in section 36-416, Idaho Code.
(b) Separate Locations to Be Licensed. A license must be had for each and every separate location. Said license shall expire June 30 in each year.
(c) Records of Transactions Required. A current record shall be made by the licensee of each and every sale, purchase or shipment and such records shall be kept for two (2) years and shall be subject to inspection by the director upon his request.
(d) Receipt Required. A receipt shall be issued to each purchaser identifying the wildlife farm source and specifying the number and kinds of animals and the date of sale.
[36-703, added 1976, ch. 95, sec. 2, p. 344; am. 1990, ch. 282, sec. 2, p. 790; am. 2000, ch. 211, sec. 22, p. 565.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.