2018 Idaho Statutes
Title 31 - COUNTIES AND COUNTY LAW
Chapter 44 - SOLID WASTE DISPOSAL SITES
Section 31-4401A - DEFINITIONS.
31-4401A. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
(1) "Major solid waste generator" means any person who generates two per cent (2%) or more of the total solid waste originating in any county.
(2) "Person" means any natural person, firm, corporation, or other entity, but does not include a municipality, a state agency or a state educational institution.
(3) "Significant effect" means any change in the amount of solid waste to be sent to any waste disposal site which exceeds either five per cent (5%) of the total monthly amount of waste disposal at any particular solid waste disposal site during the most recent calendar year, or five per cent (5%) of the projected processing capacity of any new solid waste disposal site.
(4) "State agency" means each state board, commission, department or officer authorized by law to make rules or to determine contested cases.
(5) "State educational institution" means a public educational facility or institution regulated by the state board of education or the board of regents of the university of Idaho.
(6) "System" means lands, sites, facilities, equipment and manpower necessary for collection, transportation, storage, treatment, processing, reuse, recycling or other means necessary for the disposal of solid waste.
(7) "Waste processing facility" means any waste disposal site or any public work at which solid waste is compacted, incinerated, or otherwise treated prior to disposal. It shall not include the placement of portable collection facilities or similar equipment used solely to facilitate collection of solid waste.
[31-4401A, added 1987, ch. 213, sec. 2, p. 455.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.