2018 Idaho Statutes
Title 26 - BANKS AND BANKING
Chapter 28 - MORTGAGE COMPANIES
Section 26-2802 - DEFINITIONS.
26-2802. DEFINITIONS. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Department" means the department of finance of the state of Idaho.
(2) "Director" means the director of the department of finance.
(3) "Mortgage company" means any person who, directly or indirectly is engaged in one (1) of the following:
(a) Makes or offers to make residential mortgage loans.
(b) Services or offers to service residential mortgage loans.
(c) Buys or sells, or offers to buy or sell, residential mortgage loans.
(4) "Person" means an individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation or other association of individuals, however organized.
(5) "Residential mortgage loan" means a loan made primarily for personal, family or household use and is primarily secured by a security interest on residential real property located in this state.
[26-2802, added 1990, ch. 225, sec. 1, p. 600; am. 2007, ch. 126, sec. 7, p. 380.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.