There is a newer version of this Section
2018 Idaho Statutes
Title 23 - ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
Chapter 11 - DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS OF BEER
Section 23-1105 - SUPPLIER’S RIGHT TO AMEND, CANCEL OR FAIL TO RENEW IMMEDIATELY UPON WRITTEN NOTICE — GROUNDS.
Universal Citation: ID Code § 23-1105 (2018)
23-1105. SUPPLIER’S RIGHT TO AMEND, CANCEL OR FAIL TO RENEW IMMEDIATELY UPON WRITTEN NOTICE — GROUNDS. A supplier may amend, modify, terminate, cancel, discontinue or fail to renew an agreement with a distributor immediately upon written notice given by the supplier as provided in section 23-1108, Idaho Code, only if any of the following occur:
(1) Revocation or suspension of a governmental permit or license held by the distributor whereby the distributor cannot service the distributor’s sales territory for a period of more than thirty (30) days.
(2) The distributor is insolvent within the definition of section 101, title 11, United States Code, or there has been a liquidation, dissolution or assignment for the benefit of creditors of substantially all of the distributor’s business or assets, or an order for relief under chapter 7, title 11, United States Code, has been entered with respect to the distributor.
(3) A stockholder or a partner of the distributor who holds or owns ten percent (10%) or more of the stock or value of the distributor has been convicted of a felony under the laws of the United States or the laws of any state which conviction would adversely affect the good will or interests of the distributor or supplier. Provided however, that if another stockholder or other stockholders, or partner or partners, or a designated member or members, or other person, notifies the supplier in writing prior to the conviction of an intent to purchase the partnership interest or the stock of the offending stockholder or partner and then purchases the interest or stock within thirty (30) days after a final conviction or within thirty (30) days after the supplier has consented to the transfer, whichever event occurs last, the supplier shall not amend, modify, terminate, cancel, discontinue or fail to renew such agreement. Any purchase of an interest or stock pursuant to the provisions of this subsection shall comply with the requirements and conditions of supplier consent contained in the provisions of section 23-1104, Idaho Code.
(4) An assignment of the distributor’s agreement with the supplier, or a transfer of the distributor’s business, other than to a designated member, has been made without written notice as provided under the provisions of this chapter.
(5) Fraud by the distributor in his dealings with the supplier or with reference to supplier’s products.
(6) The distributor has failed to pay for products ordered and delivered in accordance with established terms with a supplier and fails to make full payment within five (5) business days after receipt of written notice of the delinquency and demand for immediate payment from the supplier.
(7) A transfer of the distributor’s business is made despite timely and proper notice of disapproval by the supplier.
(8) The distributor has sold or delivered beer to a retailer whose premises are outside of the territory assigned to the distributor by the supplier in the agreement.
[23-1105, added 1993, ch. 312, sec. 1, p. 1153.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.