2018 Idaho Statutes
Title 22 - AGRICULTURE AND HORTICULTURE
Chapter 40 - BARLEY — PROMOTION OF MARKETING
Section 22-4003 - DEFINITIONS.
22-4003. DEFINITIONS. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Commercial channels" means the sale of barley for use as food, feed, seed, or any industrial or chemurgic use, when sold to any commercial buyer, user, dealer, processor, cooperative, or to any person, public or private, who resells any barley or product produced from barley.
(2) "Commission" means the Idaho barley commission.
(3) "Crop reduction program" means an offer by an agency of the United States government to give growers an amount of barley as payment for reducing planted acreage of barley.
(4) "Delivery" means placing of barley into the primary channels of trade.
(5) "First purchaser" means any person, group, association or partnership that buys barley in this state in the first instance, or any lienholder, public or private, including the commodity credit corporation, who may possess barley from the grower under any lien.
(6) "Grower" means any landowner personally engaged in growing barley, a tenant of the landowner personally engaged in growing barley, or both the owner and the tenant jointly, and includes a person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative, trust, sharecropper or any and all other business units, devices and arrangements.
(7) "Sale" includes any pledge, mortgage or delivery of barley for sale after harvest to any person, public or private.
(8) "Seller" means any person or entity, including growers, who sells barley in the first instance.
[22-4003, added 1988, ch. 194, sec. 1, p. 352; am. 1997, ch. 157, sec. 1, p. 453.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.