2018 Idaho Statutes
Title 22 - AGRICULTURE AND HORTICULTURE
Chapter 35 - PEA AND LENTIL COMMISSION
Section 22-3503 - DEFINITIONS.
22-3503. DEFINITIONS. As used in the act, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) The term "peas and lentils" means dry peas, lentils, chickpeas and garbanzos grown in the state of Idaho except it does not include wrinkled varieties of peas grown for seed or chickpeas or garbanzos grown south of the Salmon River.
(2) "Commercial channels" means the sale of peas or lentils for use as food, feed, seed, or any industrial or chemurgic use, when sold to any commercial buyer, user, dealer, processor, cooperative, or to any person, public or private, who resells any pea or lentil product produced from peas or lentils.
(3) "Commission" means the Idaho pea and lentil commission.
(4) "First purchaser" means any person, group, association, partnership, or corporation that buys peas or lentils from the grower in the first instance, or any lienholder, public or private, including the commodity credit corporation, who may possess peas or lentils from the grower under any lien.
(5) "Grower" means any landowner personally engaged in growing peas or lentils, a tenant of the landowner personally engaged in growing peas or lentils, or both the owner and the tenant jointly, and includes a person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative, trust, sharecropper or any and all other business units, devices and arrangements, who has grown or marketed peas or lentils in either of the preceding two (2) years.
(6) "Sale" includes any pledge, mortgage, trade, or contract device, or delivery of peas or lentils for sale or payment after harvest to any person, public or private.
(7) "Deliver" means placing of peas or lentils into the primary channels of trade.
(8) "Dealer" means any person, group, association, partnership or corporation which acts as principal or agent or otherwise in selling, marketing, warehousing, or distributing dry peas or lentils not produced by such person, group, association, partnership or corporation.
(9) "Processor" means any person, group, association, partnership or corporation which acts as principal or agent or otherwise in processing dry peas or lentils not produced by such person, group, association, partnership or corporation.
[22-3503, added 1965, ch. 106, sec. 3, p. 192; am. 1997, ch. 154, sec. 1, p. 436.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.