2018 Idaho Statutes
Title 16 - JUVENILE PROCEEDINGS
Chapter 1 - EARLY INTERVENTION SERVICES
Section 16-110 - PROCEDURAL SAFEGUARDS.
16-110. PROCEDURAL SAFEGUARDS. The procedural safeguards to be included in the statewide system shall provide, at a minimum, the following:
(1) The timely administrative resolution of complaints by parents;
(2) The right to confidentiality of personally identifiable information;
(3) The opportunity for parents or guardian to examine and receive a copy of records relating to assessment, screening eligibility determinations, and the development and implementation of the IFSP;
(4) Procedures to protect the rights of the infant or toddler with disabilities whenever the parents or guardian of the child are not known or are unavailable or the child is a ward of the state, including the assignment of an individual (who shall not be an employee of any state agency involved in the provision of early intervention or other services to the child) to act as surrogate for the parents or guardian;
(5) Written notice to the parents or guardian of the infant or toddler whenever the state agency or service provider proposes, or refuses, to initiate or change the identification, evaluation, placement, or the provision of early intervention services to the infant or toddler;
(6) Written consent of the parents or guardian of the infant or toddler whenever the state agency or service provider proposes to initiate or change the identification, evaluation, placement or the provision of early intervention services to the infant or toddler;
(7) Procedures designed to assure that the notice required in subsection (5) of this section fully informs the parents or guardian, in the parents’ or guardian’s native language or by an interpreter of all procedures available pursuant to this section; and
(8) Procedures for impartial complaint resolution.
[16-110, added 1991, ch. 253, sec. 1, p. 628.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.