2017 Idaho Statutes
Title 44 - LABOR
Chapter 16 - FARM LABOR CONTRACTOR LICENSING
Section 44-1602 - EXEMPTIONS.
44-1602. Exemptions. The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to the following:
(1) An agricultural association engaged in farm labor contracting activities exclusively for members of that association.
(2) Any individual engaged in farm labor contracting for an agricultural operation owned or operated exclusively by such individual or a member of such individual’s immediate family, if such activities are performed only for such operation and exclusively by such individual, but without regard to whether such individual has incorporated or otherwise organized for business purposes.
(3) Agricultural employers exchanging agricultural labor or services with each other, provided the work is performed on land owned or leased by the agricultural employers.
(4) Any common carrier that would be a farm labor contractor solely because it is engaged in transporting any migrant or seasonal agricultural worker. For purposes of this section, a common carrier is one that holds itself out to the general public to engage in transportation of passengers for hire, whether over regular or irregular routes, and holds a valid certificate or authorization for such purpose from an appropriate local, state or federal agency.
(5) Any nonprofit charitable organization, public entity or private nonprofit educational institution.
(6) Any employee of a person described in subsections (1) through (5) of this section when performing farm labor contracting activities exclusively for such person, unless the employee receives a commission or fee based upon the number of workers recruited.
[44-1602, added 2002, ch. 328, sec. 1, p. 920.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.