2017 Idaho Statutes
Title 40 - HIGHWAYS AND BRIDGES
Chapter 1 - DEFINITIONS
Section 40-107 - DEFINITIONS — F.
40-107. Definitions — F. (1) "Facilities" mean tracks, pipes, mains, conduits, cables, wires, towers, poles, equipment and appliances.
(2) "Family" means two (2) or more persons living together in the same dwelling unit who are related to each other by blood, marriage, adoption or legal guardianship.
(3) "Farm operation" means any activity conducted primarily for the production of agricultural products or commodities, including timber, for sale and home use, and producing agricultural products or commodities in sufficient quantity to contribute materially to the operator’s support.
(4) "Feeder highway" means any highway which, in the opinion of the transportation board, is needed to create or facilitate access to a turnpike project upon which a toll is charged for transit.
(5) "Federal land rights-of-way" mean rights-of-way on federal land within the context of revised statute 2477, codified as 43 U.S.C. 932, and other federal access grants and shall be considered to be any road, trail, access or way upon which construction has been carried out to the standard in which public rights-of-way were built within historic context. These rights-of-way may include, but not be limited to, horse paths, cattle trails, irrigation canals, waterways, ditches, pipelines or other means of water transmission and their attendant access for maintenance, wagon roads, jeep trails, logging roads, homestead roads, mine to market roads and all other ways.
(6) "Final design" means any design activities following preliminary design and includes the preparation of final construction plans and detailed specifications for the performance of construction work.
(7) "Fixed price-best design" means a selection process in which the contract price is established by the department and stated in the request for proposals. Design solutions and other qualitative factors are evaluated and rated, with award going to the design-build firm offering the best qualitative proposal for the established price.
[40-107, added 1985, ch. 253, sec. 2, p. 589; am. 1993, ch. 142, sec. 2, p. 376; am. 2010, ch. 293, sec. 5, p. 780.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.