2017 Idaho Statutes
Title 30 - CORPORATIONS
Chapter 25 - LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES
Part 7 - DISSOLUTION AND WINDING UP
Section 30-25-705 - OTHER CLAIMS AGAINST DISSOLVED LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY.
30-25-705. OTHER CLAIMS AGAINST DISSOLVED LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY. (a) A dissolved limited liability company may publish notice of its dissolution and request persons having claims against the company to present them in accordance with the notice.
(b) A notice under subsection (a) of this section must:
(1) Be published at least once in a newspaper of general circulation in the county in this state in which the dissolved limited liability company’s principal office is located or, if the principal office is not located in this state, in the county in which the office of the company’s registered agent is or was last located;
(2) Describe the information required to be contained in a claim, state that the claim must be in writing, and provide a mailing address to which the claim is to be sent; and
(3) State that a claim against the company is barred unless an action to enforce the claim is commenced not later than three (3) years after publication of the notice.
(c) If a dissolved limited liability company publishes a notice in accordance with subsection (2) of this section, the claim of each of the following claimants is barred unless the claimant commences an action to enforce the claim against the company not later than three (3) years after the publication date of the notice:
(1) A claimant that did not receive notice in a record under section 30-25-704, Idaho Code;
(2) A claimant whose claim was timely sent to the company but not acted on; and
(3) A claimant whose claim is contingent at, or based on an event occurring after, the date of dissolution.
(d) A claim not barred under this section or section 30-25-704, Idaho Code, may be enforced:
(1) Against a dissolved limited liability company, to the extent of its undistributed assets; and
(2) Except as otherwise provided in section 30-27-706, Idaho Code, if assets of the company have been distributed after dissolution, against a member or transferee to the extent of that person’s proportionate share of the claim or of the company’s assets distributed to the member or transferee after dissolution, whichever is less, but a person’s total liability for all claims under this paragraph may not exceed the total amount of assets distributed to the person after dissolution.
[30-25-705, added 2015, ch. 243, sec. 49, p. 893.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.