2017 Idaho Statutes
Title 19 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
Chapter 17 - PLEADINGS BY DEFENDANT
Section 19-1703 - GROUND FOR DEMURRER.
19-1703. Ground for demurrer. The defendant may demur to the indictment when it appears upon the face thereof, either:
1. That the grand jury by which it was found had no legal authority to inquire into the offense charged, by reason of its not being within the legal jurisdiction of the county.
2. That it does not substantially conform to the requirements of sections 19-1409, 19-1410 and 19-1411.
3. That more than one offense is charged in the indictment.
4. That the facts stated do not constitute a public offense.
5. That the indictment contains any matter which, if true, would constitute a legal justification or excuse of the offense charged, or other legal bar to the prosecution.
[(19-1703) Cr. Prac. 1864, sec. 285, p. 247; R.S., R.C., & C.L., sec. 7742; C.S., sec. 8870; I.C.A., sec. 19-1603.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.