2016 Idaho Statutes
Title 56 - PUBLIC ASSISTANCE AND WELFARE
Chapter 16 - IDAHO INTERMEDIATE CARE FACILITY ASSESSMENT ACT
Section 56-1602 - DEFINITIONS.
56-1602. definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "CMS" means the centers for medicare and medicaid services.
(2) "Department" means the Idaho department of health and welfare.
(3) "Fiscal year" means the time period from July 1 to June 30.
(4) "Fund" means the ICF assessment fund established pursuant to section 56–1603, Idaho Code.
(5) "ICF" means an intermediate care facility for people with intellectual disabilities as defined in section 39-1301, Idaho Code, and licensed pursuant to chapter 13, title 39, Idaho Code.
(6) "Net patient service revenue" means gross revenues from services provided to ICF patients, less reductions from gross revenue resulting from an inability to collect payment of charges. Patient service revenue excludes nonpatient care revenues such as beauty and barber, vending income, interest and contributions, revenues from sale of meals and all outpatient revenues. Reductions from gross revenue includes: bad debts; contractual adjustments; uncompensated care; administrative, courtesy and policy discounts and adjustments; and other such revenue deductions.
(7) "Resident day" means a calendar day of care provided to an ICF resident, including the day of admission and excluding the day of discharge, provided that one (1) resident day shall be deemed to exist when admission and discharge occur on the same day.
(8) "Upper payment limit" means the limitation established in 42 CFR section 447.272, that disallows federal matching funds when state medicaid agencies pay certain classes of facilities an aggregate amount for services that exceed the amount that is paid for the same services furnished by that class of facilities under medicare payment principles.
[56-1602, added 2011, ch. 164, sec. 24, p. 479.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.