2016 Idaho Statutes
Title 39 - HEALTH AND SAFETY
Chapter 24 - HOME HEALTH AGENCIES
Section 39-2402 - DEFINITIONS.
39-2402. Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Board" means the board of health and welfare.
(2) "Business entity" means a public or private organization owned or operated by one or more persons.
(3) "Department" means the department of health and welfare.
(4) "Health care services" mean any of the following services that are provided at the residence of an individual:
(a) Skilled nursing services;
(b) Homemaker/home health aide services;
(c) Physical therapy services;
(d) Occupational therapy services;
(e) Speech therapy services;
(f) Nutritional services;
(g) Respiratory therapy services;
(h) Medical/social services; and
(i) Such other related services as may be authorized by regulation of the board of health and welfare.
(5) "Home health agency" means any business entity that primarily provides skilled nursing services by licensed nurses and at least one (1) other health care service to an individual in that individual's place of residence.
(6) "Individual" means a natural person who is a recipient of provided health care services.
(7) "Skilled nursing services" mean those services provided by a state licensed nurse for the purpose of promoting, maintaining, or restoring the health of an individual or to minimize the effects of injury, illness, or disability.
[39-2402, added 1992, ch. 56, sec. 2, p. 164.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.