2016 Idaho Statutes
Title 39 - HEALTH AND SAFETY
Chapter 13 - HOSPITAL LICENSES AND INSPECTION
Section 39-1320 - ORGANIZATION OF HOSPITAL DISTRICT -- PETITION -- CONTENTS -- FILING.
39-1320. Organization of hospital district -- Petition -- Contents -- Filing. The organization of a hospital district shall be initiated by a petition filed with the board of county commissioners of the county of [in] which the said district is situated. Said petition shall be signed by not less than ten per cent (10%) of the qualified electors and taxpayers of the proposed district. The equalized county assessment list last preceding the presentation of the petition for the organization of the hospital district shall be sufficient evidence of the title for the purpose of this act, but other evidence may be received.
The petition shall set forth:
(1) The name of the proposed district consisting of a chosen name preceding the words "hospital district".
(2) A general statement of the purpose of the formation of said district.
(3) A general description of the boundaries of the district or territory to be included therein with such certainty to enable a property owner to determine whether or not his property is within the district.
(4) A map showing the general boundaries of such district in relation to outstanding natural monuments and terraine features.
(5) A prayer for the organization of the district.
Similar petitions or duplicate copies of the same petition for the organization of the same district may be filed and shall together be regarded as one (1) petition. All petitions filed prior to the hearing on the first petition filed shall be considered by the board the same as though filed with the first petition placed on file.
Provided, however, that no such district shall be organized unless it shall appear that the boundaries of said district are wholly within the limits of a single county and that there shall be no unnatural extension of the boundaries of said district.
The petition together with all maps and other papers filed therewith shall at all proper hours be open to public inspection in the office of the clerk of the board of county commissioners between the date of their said filing and the date of an election to be held as hereinafter provided.
[39-1320, added 1965, ch. 173, sec. 3, p. 340.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.