2016 Idaho Statutes
Title 31 - COUNTIES AND COUNTY LAW
Chapter 6 - COUNTIES AS BODIES CORPORATE
Section 31-604 - ENUMERATION OF POWERS.
31-604. Enumeration of powers. It has power:
1. To sue and be sued.
2. To purchase and hold lands.
3. To make such contracts, and purchase and hold such personal property, as may be necessary to the exercise of its powers.
4. To make such orders for the disposition or use of its property as the interests of its inhabitants require.
5. To levy and collect such taxes for purposes under its exclusive jurisdiction as are authorized by law.
6. Such other and further authority as may be necessary to effectively carry out the duties imposed on it by the provisions of the Idaho Code and constitution.
[(31-604) 1870, p. 76, sec. 1; R.S., sec. 1733; reen. R.C. & C.L., sec. 1901; C.S., sec. 3399; I.C.A., sec. 30-504; am. 1989, ch. 74, sec. 1, p. 128; am. 1990, ch. 123, sec. 1, p. 293.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.