2016 Idaho Statutes
Title 31 - COUNTIES AND COUNTY LAW
Chapter 22 - SHERIFF
Section 31-2223 - DELIVERY OF PROPERTY TO SUCCESSOR.
31-2223. Delivery of property to successor. Within three (3) days after the service of the certificate upon the former sheriff, he must deliver to his successor:
1. The jail of the county, with its appurtenances and the property of the county therein.
2. The prisoners then confined in the county jail.
3. The process, orders and other papers in his custody, authorizing or relating to the confinement of the prisoners.
4. All process and orders for the arrest of a party, and all papers relating to the summoning of a grand or trial jury, which have not been fully executed.
5. All executions, attachments and final process, which have been partially executed, with his return thereon showing to what extent he has executed the same.
[(31-2223) 1863, p. 475, sec. 37; R.S., sec. 1893; reen. R.C. & C.L., sec. 2045; C.S., sec. 3617; am. 1921, ch. 138, sec. 1, p. 323; I.C.A., sec. 30-1723.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.