2016 Idaho Statutes
Title 21 - AERONAUTICS
Chapter 5 - AIRPORT ZONING ACT
Section 21-501 - DEFINITIONS.
21-501. Definitions. Definitions as used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Airport" means any area of land or water which is used, or intended for use, for the landing and takeoff of aircraft, and any appurtenant areas which are used, or intended for use, for airport buildings or other airport facilities or rights-of-way, together with all airport buildings and facilities located thereon. The term "airport" shall include such other common terms as aviation field, airfield, intermediate landing field, landing field, landing area, airstrip, and landing strip. For the purposes of this chapter, the term "airport" refers to a publicly owned and managed facility that is open for public use without operational restrictions on its use.
(2) "Aviation hazard" means any new or existing structure, object of natural growth, use of land, or modification thereto, which endangers the lives and property of users of an airport, or of occupants of land in its vicinity, and that reduces the size of the area available for landing, taking off and maneuvering of aircraft, or extends up into the airspace between airports to cause disastrous and needless loss of life and property.
(3) "Aviation hazard area" means any area of land or water upon which an aviation hazard might be established if not prevented as provided in this chapter.
(4) "Political subdivision" means any municipality, city or county.
(5) "Person" means any individual, firm, copartnership, corporation, company, association, joint stock association, or body politic, and includes any trustee, receiver, assignee, or other similar representative thereof.
(6) "Structure" means any object constructed or installed by man, including, but without limitation, buildings, towers, smokestacks, and overhead transmission lines.
(7) "Tree" means any object of natural growth.
(8) "State" or "this state" means the state of Idaho.
(9) "Department" means the Idaho transportation department.
(10) "Director" means the director of the Idaho transportation department or his agent.
(11) "Board" means the Idaho transportation board.
[21-501, added 1947, ch. 130, sec. 1, p. 315; am. 1974, ch. 12, sec. 106, p. 61; am. 2005, ch. 174, sec. 3, p. 540.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.