2016 Idaho Statutes
Title 18 - CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
Chapter 1 - PRELIMINARY PROVISIONS
Section 18-101 - DEFINITION OF TERMS.
18-101. Definition of terms. The following words have in this code the signification attached to them in this section, unless otherwise apparent from the context:
1. The word "wilfully," when applied to the intent with which an act is done or omitted, implies simply a purpose or willingness to commit the act or make the omission referred to. It does not require any intent to violate law, or to injure another, or to acquire any advantage.
2. The words "neglect," "negligence," "negligent," and "negligently," import a want of such attention to the nature of probable consequences of the act or omission as a prudent man ordinarily bestows in acting in his own concerns.
3. The word "corruptly," imports a wrongful design to acquire or cause some pecuniary or other advantage to the person guilty of the act or omission referred to, or to some other person.
4. The words "malice," and "maliciously," import a wish to vex, annoy, or injure another person, or an intent to do a wrongful act, established either by proof or presumption of law.
5. The word "knowingly," imports only a knowledge that the facts exist which bring the act or omission within the provisions of this code. It does not require any knowledge of the unlawfulness of such act or omission.
6. The word "bribe," signifies anything of value or advantage, present or prospective, or any promise or undertaking to give any, asked, given, or accepted, with a corrupt intent to influence, unlawfully, the person to whom it is given, in his action, vote or opinion, in any public or official capacity.
7. Where the word "person" is used in this code to designate the party whose property may be the subject of any offense, it includes this state, any other state, any territory, government, or country, which may lawfully own property within this state, and all public and private corporations or joint associations, as well as individuals.
[18-101, added 1972, ch. 336, sec. 1, p. 846.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.