2021 Hawaii Revised Statutes
Title 3. Legislature
23G. Office of the Legislative Reference Bureau
23G-15 Supplements and replacement volumes; extent of revision; prima facie the law.
§23G-15 Supplements and replacement volumes; extent of revision; prima facie the law. In preparing the supplements and replacement volumes, the revisor of statutes may:
(1) Number and renumber chapters, sections, and parts of sections;
(2) Rearrange sections;
(3) Change reference numbers to agree with renumbered chapters, parts, or sections;
(4) Substitute the proper section or chapter numbers for the terms "the preceding section", "this act", and like terms;
(5) Strike out figures where they are merely a repetition of written words;
(6) Change capitalization for the purpose of uniformity;
(7) Correct manifest clerical or typographical errors;
(8) Change any male or female gender term to a term which is neutral in gender when it is clear that the statute is not applicable only to members of one sex and without altering the sense, meaning, or effect of any act; and
(9) Make such other changes in any act incorporated in the supplements and replacement volumes as shall be necessary to conform the style thereof as near as may be with that of the last revision of the laws of Hawaii; provided that in making the revision, the revisor shall not alter the sense, meaning, or effect of any act.
The matter set forth in the supplements and replacement volumes shall be prima facie evidence of the law. [L Sp 1977 1st, c 8, pt of §1; am L 1984, c 90, §1]
Citation of laws in supplements and replacement volumes, see §1-27.