2021 Hawaii Revised Statutes
Title 28. Property
503B. Time Share Commissioners of Deeds
503B-3 Powers; charges.

Universal Citation: HI Rev Stat § 503B-3 (2021)

§503B-3 Powers; charges. A commissioner, in any foreign country; in international waters; and in any possession, territory, or commonwealth of the United States, including but not limited to the United States territorial seas, may administer oaths and take acknowledgments and proofs of execution of any deed, assignment of lease, apartment deed and ground lease, condominium conveyance document, mortgage, deed of trust, contract, power of attorney, or any other instrument or writing to be used or recorded in the State in connection with:

(1) A time share interest;

(2) Any property subject to a time share plan; or

(3) The operation of a time share plan that includes any property located within the State;

provided that the instrument or writing is executed in international waters or in the United States territorial seas, or outside of the fifty states and the District of Columbia. Oaths, acknowledgments, and proofs of execution shall be taken or made in the manner provided by the laws of the State, including but not limited to sections 502-42, 502-43, 502-48, 502-61, 502-62, and 502-63, and shall be certified by the commissioner under the commissioner's official seal. The certification shall be endorsed on or attached to the instrument or writing and shall have the same effect as if made or taken in the State by a notary public commissioned in the State. Charges made by commissioners for services rendered shall be no higher than the rates authorized by any law governing similar services rendered by notaries within the jurisdictions in which the services are performed or, if in international waters or in the United States territorial seas, no higher than the rates authorized to be charged by notaries in this State. [L 2013, c 277, pt of §1; am L 2016, c 78, §4]

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.