2021 Hawaii Revised Statutes
Title 17. Motor and Other Vehicles
291. Traffic Violations
PART I. OPERATION
- 291-1 NEW Definitions.
- 291-2 OLD REPEALED. §291-2 Reckless driving of vehicle or riding of animals; penalty.
- 291-3 REPEALED.
- 291-3.1 Consuming or possessing intoxicating liquor while operating motor vehicle or moped.
- 291-3.2 Consuming or possessing intoxicating liquor while a passenger in a motor vehicle.
- 291-3.3 Storage of opened container containing intoxicating liquor or consumption at scenic lookout.
- 291-3.4 Exceptions; consumption or possession of intoxicating liquor while a passenger in a motor vehicle, storage of opened container containing intoxicating liquor.
- 291-4 to 291-4.5 REPEALED.
- 291-4.6 Driving after license suspended or denied for noncompliance with an order of support; penalties.
- 291-5 to 291-7 REPEALED.
- 291-8 Freight on motor cars; projection of, prohibited.
- 291-9 Freight; on running board.
- 291-10 Penalty.
- 291-11 Riders and passengers under seven years of age on motorcycles and motor scooters prohibited; penalty.
- 291-11.5 Child passenger restraints.
- 291-11.6 Mandatory use of seat belts, when, penalty.
- 291-12 Inattention to driving.
- 291-13 Traffic laws apply to persons driving mopeds.
- 291-14 Pickup trucks; passenger restrictions.
- 291-15 Trauma system surcharge.
- 291-16 Safe routes to school program surcharge.
- 291-17 Mobile electronic devices; use while operating a commercial motor vehicle prohibited.
- 291-21 REPEALED.
- 291-21.3 Definitions.
- 291-21.5 Regulation of motor vehicle sun screening devices; penalty.
- 291-22 Regulation of exhaust pipe and muffler.
- 291-23 Penalty.
- 291-24 Motorcycles and mopeds, noisy mufflers; penalty.
- 291-24.5 Motor vehicle muffler.
- 291-24.6 Motor vehicle alarm systems.
- 291-25 Lights for motor vehicles, motorcycles, motor scooters, motorized bicycles.
- 291-26 Testing lights.
- 291-27 REPEALED.
- 291-28 Lights for loads.
- 291-29 Lights for other vehicles.
- 291-30 Spotlights.
- 291-31 Tail lights on vehicles, motorcycles and motor scooters.
- 291-31.5 Blue lights prohibited for motor vehicles, motorcycles, motor scooters, bicycles, electric foot scooters, and mopeds.
- 291-32 Penalties.
- 291-33 Projections on face of wheels prohibited.
- 291-34 Size of vehicles; width, height, and length.
- 291-35 Gross weight, axle, and wheel loads.
- 291-35.1 Regulation of bumper height.
- 291-36 Exceptions.
- 291-37 Penalties.
- 291-38 REPEALED.
- 291-39 Enforcement.
- 291-51 Definitions.
- 291-51.3 Reimbursement to counties; agreement with counties to provide permits
- 291-51.4 Fraudulent verification of an applicant as a person with a disability; penalty.
- 291-51.5 Special license plates.
- 291-51.6 Issuance of temporary removable windshield placards.
- 291-51.7 Reciprocity.
- 291-52 Issuance of removable windshield placard.
- 291-52.2 Issuance of a disabled paid parking exemption permit.
- 291-52.5 Issuance of identification card.
- 291-52.6 Replacement of a removable windshield placard, disabled paid parking exemption permit, or identification card.
- 291-52.7 Fraudulent manufacture or alteration, sale, issuance, or use of disability parking permits and identification cards.
- 291-53 Nontransferability; penalty.
- 291-53.2 Sale or purchase.
- 291-53.3 Confiscation.
- 291-54 Display of removable windshield placards; temporary removable windshield placards; and disabled paid parking exemption permit
- 291-55 Metered parking privileges. §291-55 Parking fees.
- 291-56 Rules
- 291-57 Parking spaces reserved for persons with disabilities; penalties.
- 291-58 Requirement to provide parking for persons with disabilities; penalty.
- 291-59 Enforcement.
Adjudication of traffic infractions, see chapter 291D.
Nonresident violator compact, see chapter 291A.
Law Journals and Reviews
Intextication: Txting Whl Drvng. Does the Punishment Fit the Crime? 32 UH L. Rev. 359 (2010).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.