2021 Hawaii Revised Statutes
Title 10. Public Safety and Internal Security
132. Fire Protection
132-18 Administrative staffing for the state fire council.
§132-18 Administrative staffing for the state fire council. (a) The state fire council may employ on a full-time basis an administrator and administrative assistant, without regard to chapters 76 and 89. The administrator shall administer the affairs of the state fire council at the direction of the council. The state fire council shall determine the compensation for the administrator and the administrative assistant.
(b) The administrator and administrative assistant shall assist the state fire council in carrying out the duties of the council under section 132-16, including:
(1) Administration of the daily operations of the state fire council;
(2) Administration of the adoption process of the state fire code by the counties;
(3) Submission of applications for and expending of federal grants and assistance for fire-related projects;
(4) Administration of the reduced ignition propensity cigarette program;
(5) Coordination of the statewide fire and life safety training, education, and data collection programs; and
(6) Implementation of other related duties as directed by the state fire council.
(c) The budgetary requirements for conducting meetings and other related functions of the state fire council, including the salaries of the administrator and administrative assistant, shall be included in the budget of the department of labor and industrial relations. [L 2011, c 188, §2]