2020 Hawaii Revised Statutes
Title 21. Labor and Industrial Relations
396. Occupational Safety and Health
396-20 Hoisting machine operators' certification revolving fund.
§396-20 Hoisting machine operators' certification revolving fund. (a) There is established in the state treasury a revolving fund to be known as the hoisting machine operators' certification revolving fund into which shall be deposited all fees, penalties, fines, and interest collected from:
(1) Certification of hoisting machine operators;
(2) Interest and investment moneys earned on any moneys in the fund; and
(3) All moneys received for the fund from any source.
The moneys in the fund may be used to carry out the purposes of this section. The director of finance shall disburse the moneys in the fund in accordance with instructions from the director.
(b) The fund may be used for:
(1) Personnel and operating expenses, including consultants as necessary, for the hoisting machine operators advisory board;
(2) All necessary board costs and reimbursements;
(3) Preparation and dissemination of public information on hoisting machine operators' certification and training;
(4) Preparation of annual reports on certification program activities and accomplishments and on the fund; and
(5) Any reimbursements to the state general fund for funds appropriated by the legislature to establish the revolving fund.
(c) The director shall submit an annual report to the legislature on the status of the fund, including expenditures and program results, not less than twenty days prior to the convening of each regular session. [L 1998, c 165, pt of §2; am L 2016, c 74, §2]