There is a newer version of this Chapter
2019 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 17. MOTOR AND OTHER VEHICLES
287. Motor Vehicle Safety Responsibility Act
- 287-1 Definitions.
- 287-2 Administrator to administer chapter; appeal to circuit court.
- 287-3 Furnishing of operating records.
- 287-4 Report required following accident.
- 287-5 Security required unless evidence of insurance.
- 287-6 Suspension of license.
- 287-7 Exceptions.
- 287-8 Further exceptions to requirement of security.
- 287-9 Duration of suspension.
- 287-10 Application to nonresidents and unlicensed drivers.
- 287-11 Form and amount of security.
- 287-12 Custody, disposition, and return of security.
- 287-13 REPEALED.
- 287-14 Matters not to be evidence in civil court.
- 287-15 Report of nonpayment of judgments.
- 287-16 Suspension for nonpayment of judgment; exceptions.
- 287-17 Suspension to continue until judgments paid and proof given.
- 287-18 Payment sufficient to satisfy requirements.
- 287-19 Installment payment of judgment; default.
- 287-20 Proof of financial responsibility required upon conviction of certain offenses.
- 287-21 Alternate methods of giving proof.
- 287-22 Certificate of insurance as proof.
- 287-22.1 Certificate of insurance as proof; mandatory, when.
- 287-23 Certificate furnished by nonresident as proof.
- 287-24 Motor vehicle liability policy defined.
- 287-25 Owner's policy requirements.
- 287-26 Driver's policy requirements.
- 287-27 Contents of motor vehicle liability policy.
- 287-28 Liabilities which need not be covered.
- 287-29 General provisions governing liability policies.
- 287-30 Excess coverage permitted.
- 287-31 Reimbursement of insurer; proration of insurance.
- 287-32 Combining policies and issuing binders to meet requirements.
- 287-33 Notice of cancellation or termination of certified policy.
- 287-34 Chapter not to affect other policies.
- 287-35 Bond as proof.
- 287-36 Money or bonds as proof.
- 287-37 Owner may give proof for others.
- 287-38 Substitution of proof.
- 287-39 Other proof may be required.
- 287-40 Duration of proof; when proof may be canceled or returned.
- 287-41 Surrender of license on violation.
- 287-42 Self-insurers.
- 287-43 Assigned risk plans.
- 287-44 Penalties.
- 287-45 Exceptions.
- 287-46 Chapter supplemental to traffic ordinances and motor vehicle laws.
- 287-47 Other relief available.
- 287-48 Application of chapter to suspensions and revocations prior to January 1, 1950.
Nonresident violator compact, see chapter 291A.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.