2019 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 10. PUBLIC SAFETY AND INTERNAL SECURITY
132C. Reduced Ignition Propensity Cigarettes Law
§132C-2 Definitions. For the purposes of this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Any roll for smoking, whether made wholly or in part of tobacco or any other substance, irrespective of size or shape, and whether or not the tobacco or substance is flavored, adulterated, or mixed with any other ingredient, with a wrapper or cover that is made of paper or any other substance or material, other than tobacco; or
(2) Any roll for smoking wrapped in any substance containing tobacco, which, due to its appearance, the type of tobacco used in the filler, or its packaging and labeling, is likely to be offered to or purchased by consumers as a cigarette as described in paragraph (1).
"Dealer" means the same as defined in section 245-1.
(1) Any entity that manufactures or otherwise produces cigarettes or causes cigarettes to be manufactured or produced anywhere, and intends to sell these cigarettes:
(A) In this State; or
(B) Anywhere in the United States through an importer;
(2) The first purchaser anywhere that intends to resell in the United States cigarettes manufactured anywhere that the original manufacturer or maker does not intend to be sold in the United States; or
(3) Any entity that becomes a successor of an entity described in paragraph (1) or (2).
"Quality control and quality assurance program" means laboratory procedures implemented to ensure that operator bias, systematic and nonsystematic methodological errors, and equipment-related problems do not affect the results of the testing and to ensure that the testing repeatability remains within the required repeatability value for any test trial used to certify cigarettes under this chapter.
"Repeatability" means the range of values within which the repeat results of cigarette test trials from a single laboratory will fall ninety-five per cent of the time.
"Sale" or "selling" means any transfer of title or possession, exchange, or barter, conditional or otherwise, and includes the giving of cigarettes as samples, prizes, or gifts, and the exchange of cigarettes for any consideration.
"Wholesaler" means the same as defined in section 245-1. [L 2008, c 218, pt of §1]