2018 Hawaii Revised Statutes
503B. Time Share Commissioners of Deeds
503B-2 Oath and seal.

Universal Citation: HI Rev Stat § 503B-2 (2018)

[§503B-2] Oath and seal. (a) Within three months of appointment, a commissioner shall:

(1) Cause an official seal to be prepared, upon which seal shall appear the commissioner's name and the words "commissioner of deeds for Hawaii"; and

(2) Take and subscribe an oath to faithfully perform the duties of the commissioner's office; provided that the oath shall be taken before:

(A) A notary public in the State or any other state;

(B) Any officer of the United States diplomatic or consular service resident in any foreign country or port, when certified by the officer under the officer's seal of office; or

(C) Any person authorized by the law of any foreign country to take an acknowledgment or proof; provided that the acknowledgment or proof shall be accompanied by a certificate to the effect that the person taking the acknowledgment or proof is duly authorized to do so and that the acknowledgment or proof is in a manner prescribed by the laws of the foreign country or a treaty or international agreement of the United States; provided further that a certificate under this subparagraph may be issued by:

(i) A diplomatic or consular officer of the United States under the seal of the officer's office;

(ii) A diplomatic or consular officer of the foreign country under the seal of the officer's office with the signature or facsimile of the signature of the diplomatic or consular officer of the United States; or

(iii) An apostille in the case of a foreign country that is party to the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents.

(b) A commissioner's oath of office, the commissioner's signature, and an impression of the commissioner's seal shall be transmitted to and filed with the office of the lieutenant governor.

(c) For purposes of this section, a diplomatic or consular officer includes any minister, consul, vice consul, charge d'affaires, consular or commercial agent, or a vice consular or vice commercial agent. [L 2013, c 277, pt of §1]

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.