2018 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 17. MOTOR AND OTHER VEHICLES
291. Traffic Violations
- 291-1 [NEW] Definitions.
- 291-2 [OLD] REPEALED.
- 291-3 REPEALED.
- 291-3.1 Consuming or possessing intoxicating liquor while operating motor vehicle or moped.
- 291-3.2 Consuming or possessing intoxicating liquor while a passenger in a motor vehicle.
- 291-3.3 Storage of opened container containing intoxicating liquor or consumption at scenic lookout.
- 291-3.4 Exceptions; consumption or possession of intoxicating liquor while a passenger in a motor vehicle, storage of opened container containing intoxicating liquor.
- 291-4 to 4.5 REPEALED.
- 291-4.6 Driving after license suspended or denied for noncompliance with an order of support; penalties.
- 291-5 to 7 REPEALED.
- 291-8 Freight on motor cars; projection of, prohibited.
- 291-9 Freight; on running board.
- 291-10 Penalty.
- 291-11 Riders and passengers under seven years of age on motorcycles and motor scooters prohibited; penalty.
- 291-11.5 Child passenger restraints.
- 291-11.6 Mandatory use of seat belts, when, penalty.
- 291-12 Inattention to driving.
- 291-13 Traffic laws apply to persons driving mopeds.
- 291-14 Pickup trucks; passenger restrictions.
- 291-15 Trauma system surcharge.
- 291-16 Safe routes to school program surcharge.
- 291-17 Mobile electronic devices; use while operating a commercial motor vehicle prohibited.
- 291-21 REPEALED.
- 291-21.3 Definitions.
- 291-21.5 Regulation of motor vehicle sun screening devices; penalty.
- 291-22 Regulation of exhaust pipe and muffler.
- 291-23 Penalty.
- 291-24 Motorcycles and mopeds, noisy mufflers; penalty.
- 291-24.5 Motor vehicle muffler.
- 291-24.6 Motor vehicle alarm systems.
- 291-25 Lights for motor vehicles, motorcycles, motor scooters, motorized bicycles.
- 291-26 Testing lights.
- 291-27 REPEALED.
- 291-28 Lights for loads.
- 291-29 Lights for other vehicles.
- 291-30 Spotlights.
- 291-31 Tail lights on vehicles, motorcycles and motor scooters.
- 291-31.5 Blue lights prohibited for motor vehicles, motorcycles, motor scooters, bicycles, mopeds.
- 291-32 Penalties.
- 291-33 Projections on face of wheels prohibited.
- 291-34 Size of vehicles; width, height, and length.
- 291-35 Gross weight, axle, and wheel loads.
- 291-35.1 Regulation of bumper height.
- 291-36 Exceptions.
- 291-37 Penalties.
- 291-38 REPEALED.
- 291-39 Enforcement.
- 291-51 Definitions.
- 291-51.3 Reimbursement to counties; agreement with counties to provide permits
- 291-51.4 Fraudulent verification of an applicant as a person with a disability; penalty.
- 291-51.5 Special license plates.
- 291-51.6 Issuance of temporary removable windshield placards.
- 291-51.7 Reciprocity.
- 291-52 Issuance of removable windshield placard.
- 291-52.5 Issuance of identification card.
- 291-52.6 Replacement of a removable windshield placard or identification card.
- 291-52.7 Fraudulent manufacture or alteration of placards and identification cards.
- 291-53 Nontransferability; penalty.
- 291-54 Display of removable and temporary removable windshield placards.
- 291-55 Metered parking privileges.
- 291-56 Rules.
- 291-57 Parking spaces reserved for persons with disabilities; penalties.
- 291-58 Requirement to provide parking for persons with disabilities; penalty.
- 291-59 Enforcement.
For electric vehicle registration, parking, HOV lane use, and rules (repealed June 30, 2020) as provided by L 2012, c 168, 2, see Note following 291-71.
Adjudication of traffic infractions, see chapter 291D.
Nonresident violator compact, see chapter 291A.
Law Journals and Reviews
Intextication: Txting Whl Drvng. Does the Punishment Fit the Crime? 32 UH L. Rev. 359 (2010).