2016 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 31. FAMILY
587A. Child Protective Act
587A-18 Reports to be submitted by the department and authorized agencies.
[§587A-18] Reports to be submitted by the department and authorized agencies. (a) Unless otherwise ordered by the court, the department or other authorized agencies shall file written reports with the court:
(1) Concurrent with the filing of a petition invoking the jurisdiction of the court under this chapter; and
(2) No less than fifteen days before a scheduled return hearing, periodic review hearing, permanency hearing, or termination of parental rights hearing; provided that additional information may be submitted to the court up to the date of the hearing; provided that the department or other authorized agencies make a good cause showing that such additional information was not available to the department or other authorized agency before the fifteen day deadline.
(b) The reports shall include:
(1) An assessment of each safe family home factor and the family's progress with recommended or court-ordered services;
(2) A recommended service plan or permanent plan that references the pertinent safe family home factors; and
(3) A recommendation documenting the basis for any other orders, including protective orders.
(c) The department or other authorized agencies shall submit to the court each report, in its entirety, pertaining to the child or the child's family that has been prepared by a child protective services multidisciplinary team or consultant.
(d) A written report submitted pursuant to this section shall be admissible and relied upon to the extent of its probative value in any proceeding under this chapter, subject to the right of any party to examine or cross-examine the preparer of the report. [L 2010, c 135, pt of §1]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.