2016 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 31. FAMILY
- 571. Family Courts
- 571D. Juvenile Justice Interagency Board--Repealed
- 572. Marriage
- 572B. Civil Unions
- 572C. Reciprocal Beneficiaries
- 572D. Uniform Premarital Agreement Act
- 573. Married Women--Repealed
- 574. Names
- 575. Uniform Desertion and Nonsupport Act (Modified)
- 576. Uniform Reciprocal Enforcement of Support Act--Repealed
- 576B. Uniform Interstate Family Support Act
- 576D. Child Support Enforcement
- 576E. Administrative Process for Child Support Enforcement
- 577. Children
- 577A. Legal Capacity of Minor Regarding Medical Care
- 577D. Primary Medical Care for Minors Without Support
- 577E. Commission on Fatherhood
- 578. Adoption
- 579. Illegitimates: Paternity Proceedings--Repealed
- 580. Annulment, Divorce, and Separation
- 581. Office of Children and Youth--Repealed
- 582. Interstate Compact on Juveniles
- 582D. Interstate Compact for Juveniles
- 583. Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act--Repealed
- 583A. Uniform Child-Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act
- 584. Uniform Parentage Act
- 585. Ex Parte Temporary Restraining Orders--Repealed
- 586. Domestic Abuse Protective Orders
- 587. Child Protective Act--Repealed
- 587A. Child Protective Act
- 587D. Safe Place for Newborns
- 588. Children's Justice Program
Rules of Court
See Family Court Rules; applicability of Hawaii Rules of Civil Procedure, see HRCP rules 1, 81; proceedings not governed by Hawaii Rules of Civil Procedure, see RCC rule 31.
Law Journals and Reviews
When Children Prey on Children: A Look at Hawai`i's Version of Megan's Law and its Application to Juvenile Sex Offenders. 20 UH L. Rev. 477.
In the Best Interests of the Child: Juvenile Justice or Adult Retribution? 23 UH L. Rev. 341.
When family court is concerned about potential abuse of a minor, it may take action under chapter 587 to promptly address problem, regardless of whether action was initiated under this chapter or by way of formal chapter 587 petition. 84 H. 41, 928 P.2d 883.
No equal protection violation for use of preponderance of evidence standard of proof for 586-5.5 as family and household members not suspect class and rational basis underlying this standard adopted by legislature under this chapter for chapter 586 was to facilitate and expedite judicial issuance of protective orders. 85 H. 197 (App.), 940 P.2d 404.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.