2016 Hawaii Revised Statutes
PART I. NOMINATION; DETERMINATION OF CANDIDATES
TITLE 2. ELECTIONS
12. Primary Elections
- 12-1 Application of chapter.
- 12-1.5 REPEALED.
- 12-2 Primary held when; candidates only those nominated.
- 12-2.5 Nomination papers; when available.
- 12-3 Nomination paper; format; limitations.
- 12-4 Nomination papers; qualifications of signers.
- 12-5 Nomination papers: number of signers.
- 12-6 Nomination papers: time for filing; fees.
- 12-7 Filing of oath.
- 12-8 Nomination papers; challenge; evidentiary hearings and decisions.
- 12-9 List of candidates.
Attorney General Opinions
County charter providing for nonpartisan election of prosecutor does not conflict with this chapter. Att. Gen. Op. 85-7.
Law Journals and Reviews
Burdick v. Takushi: Yes to Equal Voice in Voting, No to a Fundamental Right to Vote for Any Particular Candidate. 14 UH L. Rev. 715.
State's prohibition on write-in voting as part of electoral scheme providing constitutionally sufficient ballot access, does not impose unconstitutional burden on voters' rights under First and Fourteenth Amendments. 504 U.S. 428.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.