2016 Hawaii Revised Statutes
TITLE 19. HEALTH
342L. Underground Storage Tanks
342L-61 Fuel tank advisory committee; established; composition.
Transfer of rights, powers, etc. of the task force to study fuel tank leaks to the fuel tank advisory committee. L 2016, c 244, §3.
[§342L-61] Fuel tank advisory committee; established; composition. (a) There is established in the department of health the fuel tank advisory committee, which shall consist of up to fourteen ex officio members and at least two public members.
(b) The ex officio members of the committee shall be:
(1) The director of health, who shall serve as the committee's chair;
(2) The four members of Hawaii's congressional delegation, or their designees;
(3) The president of the Hawaii senate, or a senator appointed by the president of the senate;
(4) The speaker of the Hawaii house of representatives, or a representative appointed by the speaker of the house;
(5) The chairperson of the board of land and natural resources, or the chairperson's designee;
(6) The chairperson of the board of water supply of a county with a population of five hundred thousand or more, or the chairperson's designee; and
(7) The chairperson of the commission on water resource management, or the chairperson's designee.
(c) The following persons shall be invited to participate on the advisory committee as ex officio members:
(1) The Commanding General of the United States Army, Pacific, or the Commanding General's designee;
(2) The Commander of the Pacific Fleet of the United States Navy, or the Commander's designee;
(3) The Commander of the Pacific Air Forces, or the Commander's designee; and
(4) A representative from the United States Environmental Protection Agency, or the representative's designee.
(d) The governor shall appoint at least two public members from the community at large in accordance with section 26-34; provided that the advice and consent of the senate shall not be necessary.
(e) The public members of the advisory committee shall receive no salary, but shall be entitled to reimbursement for necessary expenses, including travel expenses. [L 2016, c 244, pt of §2]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.